PCOS makes you sleepless?
Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome frequently complain about a variety of sleep-related discomfort. You may be also one of the women who experience insomnia or snoring, a sumptom of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Women with PCOS are at a huge risk of sleep apnea than the other population, and you should know how serious OSA can be.
If your PCOS and sleep problems are depriving you of a good night’s sleep, seek treatment today from your physician. You should know that lifestyle changes, such as good diet, exercise, and medications or nutritional supplements, can be the solution to improving your sleep.
The relationship between Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and sleeping disorders, such as insomnia and sleep apnea, is not clear entirely. But, weight gain and an underlying hormonal imbalance have been considered as possible factors in sleep apnea and PCOS.
Eventhough Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is pretty common, it’s a condition about which medical researchers are still exploring.PCOS indian diet chart.
Weight gain and hormonal imbalances are partly responsible for two of the most common sleep disorders that women with this disorder go through, in essence, insomnia and sleep apnea are the main complications.
Insomnia can wear many different forms, from the disability to fall asleep initially, to the inability to sleep well. On the other hand, sleep apnea gives a much more severe threat as it causes women to stop breathing during their sleep. Usually, this condition results in exhaustion andsnoring and, as well as irritability and headaches.PCOS indian diet chart.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is mainly a hormonal imbalance that happens when a woman develops abnormally high levels of androgens. Called “male” sex hormones because these hormones, testosterone in particular, can wreak havoc on the functions of the female hormones, mostly, estrogen, lutenizing hormone (LH) progesterone, and follicle-stimulating hormone to keep proper control over the female reproductive system.PCOS indian diet chart.
PCOS is also related to a condition called Insulin Resistance, it is when your cells become resistant to insulin resulting in spikes of blood sugar level based on your diet.
The outcome of this hormone imbalance is symptoms in a long list:
- Sleeplessness: with sleep apnea and insomnia, women with PCOS are deprived of a good night’s sleep.
- Infertility: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is one of the main causes of infertility and is also one of the most usual ways in which women find out about this condition.
- Hair fall: fall and thinning of hair are common in women with PCOS, and this symptom frequently occurs like male pattern baldness due to increased testosterone levels.
- Weight gain: Obesity is a symptom that indicates PCOS, it makes the condition very difficult to live with and more severe to women’s health.
- High cholesterol and blood pressure: These two are sides of a same coin. because women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome are at a huge risk heart problems and stroke.PCOS indian diet chart.
Tips for getting better sleep
- Don’t take naps: sleeping during daytime can make it harder to fall asleep at night
- Relax before going to bed: it’s hard to sleep when your mind is full of thoughts. So take a deep breath and calm down before you sleep.
- Stick to a routine: Go to bed and wake up from sleep at same time period everyday.
- Sleep only when you’re tired: Be productive and exercise to sleep well. If you’re not tired enough, you can’t fall asleep.
- Don’t eat or drink before going to bed: Caffeine and sugar foods like coffee and chocolate must be avoided.
Keep trying to get better sleep, eating a healthy diet, and exercising as much as possible, you can better your sleeping patterns and your well being as well.
Thank you for reading!
You can also read our last blog on How to know if you have PCOS?
Click here to buy different Products from us!!
Read more about our herbs by clicking on the below text:-
Click Here Herbs
You can check our website for health and nutrition updates
Click Here Nutriwell India
Helpline : 8081678000
Direct whats app to contact us
Click Here to Message us
If face difficulty for buying online
Bank details for transferring amount…
Account name- Aadavi nutriwell health care (opc) private limited
A/c number- –918020062302317
Ifsc code – UTIB0000355
Indira nagar branch
You can also ask our team person to generate direct link to pay…
Please update us st 9648888820 if you make the payment.